The overall guiding principle of the Council is that it is an advisory body which is representative of the community. The ultimate responsibility for the administration and management, operation and the long-range planning of the Division rests with the executive staff of Memphis Light, Gas and Water.
The ultimate responsibility for establishing policy for MLGW rests with the MLGW Board of Commissioners. The Advisory Council is intended to provide additional community resource and perspective.
Members of the Council should reflect the diversity of the community and will be recommended by the President and CEO of MLGW and approved by the Board of Commissioners.
- The Council will meet four (4) times each year.
- No reimbursement for any expenses associated with or resulting from service on the advisory council will be permitted.
Council Roles and Responsibilities
- To serve as a resource to top management.
- To provide insight on a particular proposition, project or policy request (focus group or sounding board).
- To review and advise on major objectives and policies.
- To supplement management's perspective and information on major issues within community (may offer alternative approaches, concepts, viewpoints on assumptions, opportunities and threats).
- Members will not be asked to commit resources other than their own knowledge, perspective, contacts and time.
- George Barnes, Professional Engineer
- Shirley Bondon, Aging Commission of the Mid-South
- Jozelle Booker, MidSouth Minority Business Council
- Chere' Bradshaw, Community Alliance for the Homeless
- Mark Brown, City of Bartlett
- Mauricio Calvo, Latino Memphis
- Phyllis Fickling, United Way of the Mid-South
- Bob Fockler, Community Foundation of Greater Memphis
- Don Glays, Home Builders Association
- Stephanie Gonzalez, Cooper Young Community Association
- Sally Heinz, MIFA
- Stanley Hyland, University of Memphis (Retired)
- Dora Ivey, Aging Commission of the Mid-South (retired)
- Ephie Johnson, Neighborhood Christian Center
- Kim Jones, Memphis Leadership Foundation
- Stan, Joyner, Mayor of Collierville
- Sara Lewis, Community Representative
- Bo Mills, City of Germantown
- Richard Ranta, University of Memphis (Retired)
- Beverly Robertson, Memphis Regional Chamber
- Yolanda Shegog-Wright, Tennessee of Department of Human Services
- Louise Smith, Shelby County Community Service Agency (Retired)
- Vickie Terry, NAACP
- Regina Walker, United Way (Retired)
- Cherry Whitehead Thompson, Shelby County Community Service Agency